Our team members have trained over 1000 professionals to use implementation science.
We have worked on over 75 implementation projects provincially, nationally, and internationally.
Although we focus on implementation practice, we also share what we have learned through academic publications. Here are some examples of academic publications published by members of our team related to implementation practice and science. For a full list of Dr. Moore's publication, please check out her Research Gate.
Using implementation science in practice
- Mapping barriers and intervention activities to behaviour change theory for Mobilization of Vulnerable Elders in Ontario (MOVE ON), a multi-site implementation intervention in acute care hospitals. Implementation Science.
Research on implementation training
- Longitudinal evaluation of a course to build core competencies in implementation practice. Implementation Science.
- Evaluation of the “Foundations in Knowledge Translation” training initiative: Preparing end users to practice KT. Implementation Science.
Adaptations to the local context
- Examining adaptations of evidence-based programs in natural contexts. Journal of Primary Prevention.
- Developing a comprehensive definition of sustainability. Implementation Science.
- Sustaining Evidence-Based Prevention Programs: Correlates in a Large-Scale Dissemination Initiative. Prevention Science.
- Ready, Set, Change! Development and usability testing of an online readiness for change decision support tool for healthcare organizations. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making.
- Ready, set, change! The development of an online decision support tool for organizational readiness for change. Implementation Science.
Funder, policy, and system-level change
- The Role of a State-Level Prevention Support System in Promoting High Quality Implementation and Sustainability of Evidence-based Programs. American Journal of Community Psychology.
- The Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario (CAHO) Adopting Research to Improve Care (ARTIC) program: Reach, sustainability, spread, and lessons learned from an implementation funding model. Healthcare Policy.
- The Ontario Drug Policy Research Network: Bridging the gap between research and drug policy. Health Policy.
Implementation science in low- and middle-income countries
- Evaluating implementation of the World Health Organization’s Strategic Approach to strengthening sexual and reproductive health policies and programs to address unintended pregnancy and unsafe abortion. Reproductive Health.
- Navigating barriers: Two-year follow-up on recommendations to improve the use of maternal health guidelines in Kosovo. BMC Public Health.
- Barriers, facilitators and priorities for implementation of WHO maternal and perinatal health guidelines in four lower-income countries: a GREAT Network research activity. PLoS ONE.
- Puchalski, Ritchie, L., Khan, S., Moore, J.E., Timmings, C., van Lettow, M., Vogel, J.P., Khan, D., Mbaruku, G., Mrisho, M., Mugerwa, K., Uka, S., Gülmezoglu, A.M., & Straus, S.E. (2016). Low- and middle-income countries face many common barriers to implementation of maternal health evidence products. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- Determinants of uptake of maternal health guidelines in Kosovo: Qualitative study. Implementation Science.